Friday 17 January 2020

Scotland, 11th-14th January

Just back from a great long weekend in Scotland with Ed Stubbs, Sam Jones and Abel Barker, which saw all of us come home with at least one lifer - in my case Capercaillie, Snow Goose and Crested Tit, plus my first proper views of Red Grouse can you believe! Despite all the excitement of encountering new species and the stunning scenery, and as twee as it may sound, I'd have to say the best moment for me was hand feeding Coal Tits at Loch Garten.

Ed has written an excellent report of the trip on his blog, but I just thought I'd share a few of my pics and videos on here.
Snow Goose, New Cumnock

Red Grouse, The Cairnwell

Bilberry growing through the snow

Mountain Hare

Atop The Cairnwell


Capercaillie poo!

Abernethy Forest




No comments:

Post a Comment