Wednesday 23 May 2018

Waders galore! (Part two)

Another excellent day for waders at Pulborough today with the Curlew Sandpiper and Grey Plover both still present for my dawn visit along with two Dunlin, nine Black-tailed Godwits and ten Ringed Plover. Also of note were a couple of Redshank chicks at Winpenny and a flyby Kingfisher on the North Brooks - my first here for a while.

Later in the morning news came out on Twitter via Alan Kitson of first a Wood Sandpiper then a Temminck’s Stint, all with the aforementioned crowd in front of Winpenny Hide.

By the time I got back there after work, around 6 this evening, all but the Grey Plover and Wood Sand had gone. The latter was a very welcome year tick though - I’ve missed a couple in recent weeks - taking my 2018 Pulborough list to the grand total of 140!

No comments:

Post a Comment