Monday 11 January 2021

New year, new list

 As I said in my recent end of year round-up, I'm absolutely determined that 2021 will be the year I reach 150 on my Pulborough year list.

It's been a good start so far with 91 already on the scoreboard from five patch visits which, based on previous years attempts, sets me roughly on course to hit 100 by March.

Highlights so far have included a flock of 39 White-fronted Geese on the 10th, 7 Goosanders and 2 Tufted Ducks (also on the 10th), the celebrity Marsh Tit at Fattengates, the long-staying Cetti's Warbler on the east side of the North Brooks, the wintering flock of Woodlarks in Uppertons Field, a couple of Chiffchaffs near the sewage works and a bonus early Blackcap in our neighbour's garden on the 3rd. A gripping miss was a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker seen by Mike Unwin on the 2nd, as this is a species I've still yet to catch up with on the patch, despite the RSPB having recording drumming birds in spring on audio recorders dotted about the place. I'm going to be helping the RSPB with this project this year though so hopefully will finally catch up with one.

Some photo highlights of 2021 so far...

Marsh Tit

Firecrest

Blackcap

Raven

White-fronted Geese leaving the North Brooks

Tufted Ducks on the Arun

Stonechat

White-fronted Geese heading off

Goosanders on the Arun, five of the seven.


No comments:

Post a Comment